InfoSAWIT, JAKARTA – Palm Oil Plantation Fund Management Agency (PFMA) re-conducts Pekan Riset Sawit Indonesia (Perisai) where palm oil in national scale researchers met online through webinar forum.
The regular event since 2015 has encouraged research and development programs in cooperation with 69 research and development institutions both from the government, university, non - university, 840 senior researchers, and 346 students. In the program, there have been 232 contracts of research and development in palm oil and delivered 201 scientific publication in national and international level, 42 patent lists and 6 books published.
Director of PFMA, Eddy Abdurrachman told, Perisai is about to encourage palm oil research and development that PFMA delivered fund supports and palm oil planters will take advantages,
Palm oil plantation research and development from upstream to downstream sectors in PFMA are the ways to empower, develop, increase plantation and industrial capability to be synergy in realizing sustainable palm oil plantations.
According to assessment of Asosiasi Inventor Indonesia, there are 13 kinds of technology from research and development which are very commercially prospective, they are,
- Drone to Ganoderma Monitoring; Research Chief: Dhimas Wiratmoko, M.Sc – Pusat Penelitian Kelapa Sawit (PPKS).
- Cellulose Nano Crystals (CNCs) production from palm oil empty bunch for hand sanitizer and pharmacy; Research Chief: Yogi Wibisono Budhi – Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
- Bioplastics from cellulose of palm oil empty bunch; Research Chief: Isroi – Pusat Penelitian Bioteknologi dan Bioindustri Indonesia (PPBBI)/Masyarakat Perkelapasawitan Indonesia (MAKSI).
- Palm oil foaming agent to fire distinguisher: Research Chief: Mira Rivai – Surfactant and Bioenergy Research Center Industrial Products Business Unit (SBRC IPBU).
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Thermal Stabilizer from palm fatty acid distillate (PFAD); Research Chief: I Dewa Gede Arsa Putrawan – ITB;
- Furfural production from palm oil empty bunch; Research Chief: Misri Gozan – Universitas Indonesia.
- Palm oil wood factory within Sandwich Laminated Lumber technology: Research Chief: Erwinsyah – PPKS.
- Sugar – starch production from palm oil stem; Research Chief: Agus Eko Tjahjono – Badan Pengkajian Penerapan Teknologi (BPPT).
- Calcium soap from PFAD to cow milk production; Research Chief: Lienda A. Handojo – ITB;
- Mono-Diacylglycerol (MDAG) from palm oil; Research Chief: Didah Nur Faridah – IPBU;
- Palm oil security to drought through bio silica application; Research Chief: Laksmita Prima Santi – PPBBI;
- Field fresh fruit bunch ripeness device; Research Chief: Dinah Cherie – Universitas Andalas;
- Automatic FFB grading device within Fluorescence Imaging and Laser Speckle Imaging; Research Chief: Minarni – Universitas Riau.
Besides there are some researches that are commercially advantaged, such as,
- Methyl Esther Sulfonate (MES) development in cooperation with PT Petrokimia Gresik and SBRC Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat (LPPM) Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB).
- Bio-compost material to produce helmet in cooperation with PT Interstisi Material Maju and LPPM IPB.
- PFAD utilization development as PVC stabilizer materials in cooperation with PT Timah Industri at Krakatau Industrial Estate and LPPM IPB.
- Palm oil empty bunch development to be glucose by Balai Besar Indutri Agro.
- Industrial Vegetable Oil (IVO) development in cooperation with District of Musi Banyuasin and Lembaga Pengembangan Inovasi dan Kewirausahaan (LPIK) ITB and PT. Kemurgi Indonesia.
Eddy continued, Perisai 2021 should be the place to join researchers and stakeholders in palm oil industries, including the government as decision maker, and media to conduct business matching.
“Besides, it is hoped to change researchers’ mindset that generally only focuses to research but also to have commercial research output,” he said, as in the official statement to InfoSAWIT. (T1)